This is a super easy project with super cute results.
This method will leave the glass see-through, where we’ve seen methods leaving it looking like sea glass. Which we also want to try! ^_^
What you’ll need:
- Mod Podge
- Food colouring
- Mixing container (preferably with a lid) old baby food jars or margarine containers work good.
- Sponge brush or paint brush
- Glass jar or item that you want to tint.
– Poor some Mod Podge into an old or throwaway container.
– Add in your desired amount & colour of food colouring.
We wanted a turquoise tint on this cute little vintage glass pourer, and jar so we mixed a bit of blue and a dot of green food colouring into our cup of Mod Podge. (Probably 5 drops total, for a deeper colour, add more drops)
– Mix it all up until you have a uniform consistency.
Start painting on your glass item. Let it dry between coats. The more coats, the more vibrant the colour.
(The little mason jar has more coats than the pourer. ) Make sure you cover your container of mix between coats so the mix doesn’t harden before you’re done.
That’s it! You can clear coat spray to make it more durable or you can purchase Mod Podge that’s actually dishwasher safe! (We used regular ol’ glossy podge.)
We’d love to see your creations!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through one of our links, we earn a small referral commission. Thank you for supporting Rustic Reclaimed Designs.