I love how easy this was! It looks so cute & fits in perfectly for my new coffee bar.
The best part is, you likely have all the supplies you need sitting around at home and won’t have to make a special shopping trip.
This was so fast to make. I think I may be labelling a lot more things in the near future.
What You’ll need:
- A Laser Printer. (This is the one we used)
- Packing Tape
- A (clean & dry) Jar to put your label on (these ones are super cute)
- A bowl of water
- A Label to use for your Jar. (We took a basic design from Freepik and changed a few words using Photoshop. You can also do this free using Picmonkey.
Here’s the original image:
I used the bottom centre and turned it into this:
Please feel free to use this for your own personal use only. (& crediting authors upon upload) Thank you for understanding. If you happen to use it and upload a photo, we’d love to be tagged so we can see. ❤
- Grab the label you want to use. Size it and print it out. (on normal printer paper)
- Cut it out.
- Cover the design completely with packing tape (Or thick clear tape) I found when I tried to lay the tape on the design it caused a bunch of wrinkles so instead I laid the tape down first and put the image on top of it. overlap edges if you need more than one strip to cover your design, so your design doesn’t come apart later.
- Cut around the tape so it’s just the size of your design. I’m sure this part isn’t necessary but it makes it look a little neater.
- Next, submerge your entire design into a bowl of water. Let it sit there and soak for a while.
- It won’t take long but once the water soaks through the paper it’ll be really easy to rub off.
- Slowly and carefully rub all of the paper off of the tape. It should leave behind just your laser printed design.
- Once your design is completely free of the paper, let it sit for a few minutes. Once it’s dry it will regain it’s stickiness & you can apply it to your jar.
If the design is needing to wrap a bit on the jar you may end up with some wrinkles. You can usually push them out. (They aren’t all that noticeable anyways though.)
There you have it! Admire your handy work! 😉
This could be really fun. I’m now thinking of other things I can label!
Are you labelling things around your house? Share with us below!
This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase through one of our links, we earn a small referral commission. Thank you for supporting Rustic Reclaimed Designs.